Many different problems can cause hip pain. The key to beating hip pain is finding out which problem is causing your hip pain. Tight muscles, strained tendons, damaged cartilage and osteoarthritis as well as pain referred from the back can be the cause. Our award-winning team works hard to understand your problem and deliver effective treatment to solve your hip symptoms.
We treat hip pain with an effective step-by-step programme to rebuild strong and healthy hips so you can lead an active and fulfilling life free from pain.
Solve your hip pain with three simple steps…
Cause of hip pain
Pain in the groin area can be due to wear-and-tear osteoarthritis or muscle or tendon strain due to a sports injury. The pelvic or back joints can cause pain around the buttock and side of the hip so treating these areas can be important. A thorough examination by one of our experts will find out what the cause is.
Treatment for hip pain
Depending on the cause the best treatment often includes mobilising stiff joints, relaxing tight muscles or rehabilitation exercises for sore soft tissues. We also use laser therapy or acupuncture which can be very effective.
The weight-bearing joints like knees, hips and ankles tend affected by osteoarthritis and is more common as we get older. It is due to the destruction of cartilage which cushions the joints and many people think of it as a normal part of the ageing process.
The smooth surface of the cartilage becomes rough and this results in friction, the joint becomes deformed, painful and stiff and the muscles holding the joint together become weak.
Treatment hip osteoarthritis
Although hip arthritis cannot be cured the right approach can improve the pain and strength of the hip. The focus for hip arthritis treatment is pain management, improved range of movement, strength and gradual return to full activity.
If you have hip arthritis understanding all about it is essential. Helping you to understand the nature of the condition and potential healing times is extremely important. With the right care and advice, you can leave your frustration behind and know the right exercises to do, which will help to decrease your joint stiffness and improve your function and strength of the hip. Techniques such as mobilisation of the hip joint, massage, acupuncture, low-level laser therapy and exercise can all be useful in the management and rehabilitation of hip osteoarthritis.
What makes Sundial special?
We understand how frustrating hip pain can be and the anxiety it can cause when you’re not as active as you want to be. Nobody should have to put up with ineffective treatment or put their life on hold because of hip pain. We have treated nearly 30,000 patients for all sorts of joint and muscle problems over 30 years. When asked, 94% say they are satisfied or very satisfied.
Our excellent results are due to the fact that we are the only clinics in Sussex to have chiropractors, physiotherapists and massage therapists working together to deliver the best care. This team approach is more effective at finding the cause of your hip pain and treating it effectively.
If you are fed up with hip pain and finding working, daily chores, recreational activity or sleeping difficult then book a free consultation.
To find out more about the causes of hip pain and the best treatments read on.
Hip problems that we can help
- Tendon problems
- Arthritis pain
- Rehabilitation after fracture, surgery or dislocation
- Labral tears
- Impingement syndrome
- Rotator cuff injury
- Groin injury
Recent Posts on Hip Pain …
- Plantar fasciitis – pain in the heel and foot 5th October 2018 What do runners and couch potatoes have in common? They can both get pain in the heel and arch of the foot from problems with ligaments there. These ligaments are called the Plantar Fascia and the problem is known as Plantar Fasciitis and it can cause sharp pain in the heel, arch and foot especially ...
- Choosing the right Brighton Chiropractor and Physiotherapist Clinic 8th February 2011 Our professional approach, gentle treatment and the great care we take of our clients have helped us become a centre for excellence – and the Brighton back pain clinic that people most prefer. Many people believe they will have to put up with back pain when in fact, prompt treatment can cure back pain for good. ...
- Help your self at home 24th March 2020 Help your self at home
- The three best back exercises to do at home 5th March 2020 Here are the three best back exercises to do at home. The Sundial chiropractors and physio’s here in Brighton, have 4 decades of experience treating back pain successfully and have found that these simple exercises, that only take a few minutes a day, really help a bad back. Start with the easy ones and gradually ...
- Sundial team update first aid and CPR training 1st March 2020 Although people come to us with back pain and other joint and muscle problems, slips, falls and illness can happen at any time. Here at Sundial, we make sure our first aid skills are regularly updated. The advances in CPR, for instance, mean that survival rates from a heart attack have leapt from 6% to ...
- Sundial at the Brighton Half Marathon 2020 23rd February 2020 Here are the runners who braved 50 mph winds to complete the Brighton Half Marathon 2020. Sore but proud! Thanks to the fantastic physio students and massage therapists who took care of the runners.
- Brighton Half Marathon runners’ offer 5th February 2020 The Brighton Half Marathon is in just over two weeks time and we are entering a team as well as sponsoring the event with our Massage Tent. It might be a bit late to enter if you don’t run regularly as one of our previous team members found out. Becky had never attempted 13.1 miles ...
- Runners MOT – Brighton Half Marathon 20th January 2020 Running injuries often start with a niggle. Knee pain, muscle strain, tendon pulls, bursitis, ligament sprains and all sorts of other aches and pains are a constant reminder that marathon training and actually running it can be a hazardous business. Many people who enter for the Grand Brighton Half Marathon will not complete it because ...
- Achilles tendon pain – Step by Step Guide to Recovery 20th January 2020 Achilles tendon pain - Step by Step Guide to Recovery
- 5 predictions for the future of back pain treatment 3rd January 2020 Back pain is a global menace. It is the biggest cause of disability worldwide; it affects whole economies, individuals’ health and makes lives a misery. Back pain contributes to obesity, diabetes, osteoarthritis and mental health issues as those with back pain cannot exercise as much as they would wish. The 2020s should see major advances ...
- Why does back pain come back? And how to prevent it 11th December 2019 Back pain recurs when the stresses and strains on your back overcome your body’s ability to deal with them. Daily activities like bending, lifting and long periods of sitting with poor posture can put a strain on the spine which it can normally cope with very well. Unfortunately, if there is an underlying issue which ...
- Achilles tendon pain? Which type do you have? 4th December 2019 Achilles tendon pain? Which type do you have?