Many different problems can cause hip pain. The key to beating hip pain is finding out which problem is causing your hip pain. Tight muscles, strained tendons, damaged cartilage and osteoarthritis as well as pain referred from the back can be the cause. Our award-winning team works hard to understand your problem and deliver effective treatment to solve your hip symptoms.
We treat hip pain with an effective step-by-step programme to rebuild strong and healthy hips so you can lead an active and fulfilling life free from pain.
Solve your hip pain with three simple steps…
Cause of hip pain
Pain in the groin area can be due to wear-and-tear osteoarthritis or muscle or tendon strain due to a sports injury. The pelvic or back joints can cause pain around the buttock and side of the hip so treating these areas can be important. A thorough examination by one of our experts will find out what the cause is.
Treatment for hip pain
Depending on the cause the best treatment often includes mobilising stiff joints, relaxing tight muscles or rehabilitation exercises for sore soft tissues. We also use laser therapy or acupuncture which can be very effective.
The weight-bearing joints like knees, hips and ankles tend affected by osteoarthritis and is more common as we get older. It is due to the destruction of cartilage which cushions the joints and many people think of it as a normal part of the ageing process.
The smooth surface of the cartilage becomes rough and this results in friction, the joint becomes deformed, painful and stiff and the muscles holding the joint together become weak.
Treatment hip osteoarthritis
Although hip arthritis cannot be cured the right approach can improve the pain and strength of the hip. The focus for hip arthritis treatment is pain management, improved range of movement, strength and gradual return to full activity.
If you have hip arthritis understanding all about it is essential. Helping you to understand the nature of the condition and potential healing times is extremely important. With the right care and advice, you can leave your frustration behind and know the right exercises to do, which will help to decrease your joint stiffness and improve your function and strength of the hip. Techniques such as mobilisation of the hip joint, massage, acupuncture, low-level laser therapy and exercise can all be useful in the management and rehabilitation of hip osteoarthritis.
What makes Sundial special?
We understand how frustrating hip pain can be and the anxiety it can cause when you’re not as active as you want to be. Nobody should have to put up with ineffective treatment or put their life on hold because of hip pain. We have treated nearly 30,000 patients for all sorts of joint and muscle problems over 30 years. When asked, 94% say they are satisfied or very satisfied.
Our excellent results are due to the fact that we are the only clinics in Sussex to have chiropractors, physiotherapists and massage therapists working together to deliver the best care. This team approach is more effective at finding the cause of your hip pain and treating it effectively.
If you are fed up with hip pain and finding working, daily chores, recreational activity or sleeping difficult then book a free consultation.
To find out more about the causes of hip pain and the best treatments read on.
Hip problems that we can help
- Tendon problems
- Arthritis pain
- Rehabilitation after fracture, surgery or dislocation
- Labral tears
- Impingement syndrome
- Rotator cuff injury
- Groin injury
Recent Posts on Hip Pain …
- Sundial re-opens 15th June 2020 Sundial is now open for chiropractic care for everyone. Physio and massage remain closed. There will be a few changes to cope with infection control. To reduce staff contact and touchpoints in the clinic we will only be accepting prepaid online bookings. There will be no receptionist so when you arrive there will be a self-service ...
- 5 easy neck and shoulder stretches to do at work 9th May 2020 Working at a computer for many hours every day causes muscles to tighten up and tire. This can lead to pain in the neck and shoulder and can even cause referred pain into the head and face – so-called cervicogenic headaches. Here at Sundial we have developed a series of exercises to help. They are so ...
- Best home office chair for a bad back 4th May 2020 The best home office chair for a back has lots of adjustments and support in the right areas. If you are working from home and spend a lot of the day sitting down a bad chair can make a bad back a lot worse. Poor support, lack of adjustment and the wrong sized chair can ...
- Advanced fitness exercises to do at home 23rd April 2020 If you are fit already but want to push it to the next level then this video is for you. You can do these exercises at home with no special equipment or gear but they will work up a glow in a few minutes. How do I know this routine works? Because I do it at ...
- Home exercises to do at home for older adults 12th April 2020 Staying fit and active as we age is important but you might not know what to do. This is even harder if you are confined to the house. If you are not used to going to the gym or exercising regularly these simple exercises to do at home will give you a safe and easy ...
- Simple fitness exercises to do at home 5th April 2020 If you are stuck at home and want to know what the best exercises to keep fit are while protecting your back, then this video is for you. You don’t need lots of equipment. In fact, you don’t need any equipment. You don’t need colourful, stretchy gym gear either as you can do these exercises ...
- The three best back exercises to do at home 5th March 2020 Here are the three best back exercises to do at home. The Sundial chiropractors and physio’s here in Brighton, have 4 decades of experience treating back pain successfully and have found that these simple exercises, that only take a few minutes a day, really help a bad back. Start with the easy ones and gradually ...
- Sundial team update first aid and CPR training 1st March 2020 Although people come to us with back pain and other joint and muscle problems, slips, falls and illness can happen at any time. Here at Sundial, we make sure our first aid skills are regularly updated. The advances in CPR, for instance, mean that survival rates from a heart attack have leapt from 6% to ...
- Sundial at the Brighton Half Marathon 2020 23rd February 2020 Here are the runners who braved 50 mph winds to complete the Brighton Half Marathon 2020. Sore but proud! Thanks to the fantastic physio students and massage therapists who took care of the runners.
- Brighton Half Marathon runners’ offer 5th February 2020 The Brighton Half Marathon is in just over two weeks time and we are entering a team as well as sponsoring the event with our Massage Tent. It might be a bit late to enter if you don’t run regularly as one of our previous team members found out. Becky had never attempted 13.1 miles ...