We have put together a simple series of the best exercises which will bring the biggest benefits for strength and balance and not only improve current episodes of back pain but that also reduce the likelihood of getting back pain again. They will also improve your skiing or boarding.
These exercises are designed for people with good levels of fitness who want to improve. If you are unsure if this is you then contact Sundial for a free customised programme. If you have any questions regarding any aspect of this programme for you then contact us here.
Top Tips for getting the most out of this programme:
- Do the exercises gently
- 100% effort is not required to get the most out of the exercises
- Technique is more important than effort
- Keep breathing while doing the exercises
- Do the exercises little but often – at least three times a week
- Keep going until with each exercise until you feel gently tired
- Increase the number of repetitions for each exercise as you feel the exercise is becoming easy for you
- Maintain the exercise programme even after the back pain has dulled or gone completely
Remember: When doing these exercises a bit of mild discomfort is OK, you’re not hurting the back anymore by causing more mild discomfort. But if the pain is prolonged or severe then stop the exercises and seek health care advice.
If you have a pre-existing health condition then also seek advice from a health professional before doing these exercises.
Ski Miquel, is a local ski company based in Hove offering value-for-money package ski and snowboard holidays – For further information visit: www.skimiquel.co.uk
Your back pain solved
Serving Brighton, Hove and the surrounding areas