I have worked in the fitness industry for the past ten years and started my training in massage in 2002. I treat clients with injuries, in rehabilitation from injuries or operations, in pregnancy or those with general aches and pains.
My treatments are a combination of massage techniques, fitness advice and exercises.
I have always practiced personal fitness, I trained in ballet and gymnastics from a very early age and went on to study Dance at Chichester University, after qualifying I went on to teach dance classes. I then trained as a Fitness Instructor and have taught classes in all the major clubs and leisure centres throughout Sussex. I later completed a GP Referral course and went on to specialise in rehabilitation and post and anti natal classes.
To assist me in my rehabilitation work I started training in Massage and studied different massage techniques including Remedial, Deep Tissue and Sports.
I now offer massage treatments and yoga classes from The Sundial Clinic in Kemp Town.
- Sports and Remedial massage
- Deep Tissue Massage
- Pregnancy Massage
One common question is whether to book a deep tissue massage or sports massage. A large part of a sports treatment is deep tissue massage so both are very effective for a range of similar conditions. The main difference is a sports treatment may also incorporate more in depth consultation, some testing of range of movement and stretching techniques. As such it may be more suited for specific problems rather than general tensions and muscular pain.
- Group Yoga
- One to one Yoga
- One to one Fitness assessments and sessions
Qualifications and Training
- Sports Management & Injuries – FA
- Sports Massage Therapy Level 3 Diploma. – I.I.S.T
- Body Massage Diploma Deep Tissue / Remedial – I.I.H.H.T
- Advanced Instructor Level 3 – REPS
- G.P Referral Programme Consultant – The Wright Foundation
- Teaching Exercise and Fitness – OCR
- Core Stability & The Fit Ball – Physique
- Aqua Anti & Post Natal Training – Hydro-Actif
- Dance BA Hon’s – Chichester University
- A level Dance – City of Bath College
For better backs, shoulders, knees and necks
Serving Brighton, Hove and the surrounding areas